By Helen | July 15, 2010
Cupcakes are all the rage…and this month you’ll learn a variety of ways the Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set can be used if you follow along the CTMH Spotlight Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Tracey’s blog, welcome!
My son, Robert, will be celebrating his 20th birthday on Saturday! WOW – can you believe I’m the mom to a 20 year old….don’t answer that….LOL. So, I got to thinking…can you use the Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set to create a masculine card? Here’s what I came up with. What do you think?
Wishes: Gallery pattern, page 119
- Swipe the edges of the Goldrush paper on the Goldrush ink pad. Attach as shown.
- Tear the edge of a 1″ x 3.5″ piece of Outdoor Denim scrap of cardstock; mount such that the white portion of the torn edge is down. Add two brads and attach as shown. Tip: Use the wood end of the piercing tool to press in the middle of the brad prongs and they will go completely flat!
- Swipe the edges of the reverse side of the Multi-Color Star paper with Goldrush ink. Attach as shown.
- Swipe the edges of the Outdoor Denim cardstock square with Goldrush ink. Attach as shown.
- Using Olive, stamp the cupcake wrapper and cut out. Tip: For a more masculine look, I eliminated the scallop edge of the cupcake wrapper and shortened it to make it work on the mat.
- Using Goldrush, ink the frosting and stamp off one layer of ink, then roll the edges in the Goldrush ink pad, this gives the lighter look. Stamp and cut out. Overstamp the frosting with the stars in Goldrush.
- Attach the cupcake pieces using 3D Foam Tape.
- Using Outdoor Denim and the stitching line, stamp stitches around the outer edges of the card.
- Using Outdoor Denim and the Black Stubble Tool, add color to the outer edges of the card.
- CTMH Cupcake Sprinkles Stamp Set D1336
- CTMH You Rock Level 2 Paper Pack X7122B
- CTMH Inks in Goldrush, Outdoor Denim and Olive
- CTMH Brads Autumn Harvest Assortment Z1215
- CTMH 3D Foam Tape Z1151
- CTMH Piercing Tool Z1114
- CTMH Texture Tools Z1298
- CTMH Wishes 9033
Now…”hop” on over to my talented friend Haley’s blog to see what she did with the same pattern.
What weekend or day crops do you attend? Is there a CTMH Vendor there? If not, let me know! If I get the opportunity to be the vendor, you get a gift from me! States include: NJ, NY, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH and VT.
A few things to know sooner….rather than later…
- The following CTMH Colors will be retiring: Clover Meadow, Hydrangea, Orange, Star Spangled Blue, Bubblegum, Citrus Leaf, Ocean, and Watermelon. The new colors are yummy! They are new, updated versions that you’re going to fall in love with. For the old favorites…stock up on supplies now – inks, reinkers, markers or cardstock in these colors – get them before they’re gone!
- Linen Albums are going away….and will be replaced with something amazing Faux Leather at fabulous prices! For those that love the Linen Albums, stock up now on your favorite colors.
- Leather albums, 6″ x 6″ and 9″ x 9″ albums are not in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book…if you love these sizes, get them and the page protectors now while you still can.
There are incredible new products that I can’t wait to share with you – new sizes of flip flaps, new Workshop Kits, the new colors, stamps, embellishments and so much more!
Now…hop on over to Haley’s blog to see what she’s created with the Cupcake Sprinkles stamp set.