By Helen | April 28, 2010
I’m sure you’re eager to see all of the new products in the CTMH Summer 2010 Idea Book. There are many new and exciting products…and to share these with you, I’m part of the New Product Blog Hop. If you came from my friend Leisa’s blog, you’re on the right track! If you’re just joining in…grab a cup of your favorite beverage, a notebook & pen (so you can jot down your wish list)…then, sit back and savor the eye candy!
With each new Idea Book comes new Workshop on the Go Kits. I picked the new Splendor Workshop on the Go Kit to play with – this includes the Dimensional Elements Irresistibles – Pizzazz, the papers & the stamp set that I used (more information on these later). I also used the new Splendor Designer Brads and Clear Cards to create this card.
Tutorial and more information about the new products used follows…For those that want to skip the tutorial, ”hop” on over to my talented friend Brae’s blog to see what she’s created.
- The Splendor Workshop on the Go Kit G1009 includes:
- Splendor Level 2 Paper Pack X7124B
- Summer Wishes Stamp Set B1349 – this stamp set is exclusive to the Splendor Workshop on the Go Kit and not available to purchase individually.
- Dimensional Elements Irresistibles – white embossed chipboard embellishments that you can color any color you desire. When colored…it makes the design POP – so cool!
- And…a full-color instructional brochure that contains all the cutting diagrams, instrutions and photos for a new scrapbook pattern and also a new card pattern!
I love that CTMH bundles all these items together making it so easy to purchase products that work together.
- Splendor Level 2 Paper Pack X7124B
- Dimensional Elements Irresistibles – Pizzazz Z1307 – look at all of the pieces you get! They are shown on a 12″ x 12″ piece of cardstock. The Irresistibles have a resist pattern on the white chipboard pieces. When covered with ink, chalk, markers or watercolors, the resist pattern shows through.
Here’s a close up so you can see the detail on one of the pieces…
- Splendor Designer Brads Z1317
- Clear Cards Z1309 – set of 8 cards (4 square and 4 scalloped circles) along with cello envelopes!
- CTMH Inks in Goldrush Z2123 and Moonstruck Z2134
- CTMH Sponge Daubers Z726
- CTMH Wishes How-To Book 9033 - Just Right pattern
- CTMH Bonding Memories Glue Pen 1512
- CTMH Rub & Remove Eraser Z1207
- CTMH 3D Foam Tape Z1151
I know, at this point you’re saying – Helen, we know you LOVE the products…PLEASE …show me HOW to USE them!!! Without further ado…on to the tutorial.
The new Clear Cards have a protective film on both the inside and the outside. Tip: To easily remove the protective film, rub the edge with the CTMH Rub & Remove Eraser.
Here are two Clear Cards – the one on the left has had the protective film removed, while the one on the right still has it on. What a difference! Note: See how shiny the card is…it reflects the light
Adhere the patterned paper to the inside back of the Clear Card using Bonding Memories Glue. Tip: Completely cover the paper with a thin coat of the glue and let sit for just a minute. This makes it so it’s not too sticky and yet holds beautifully. Trim any excess paper that overhangs the corners.
Using the Bonding Memories Glue as before, adhere the Goldrush cardstock to the front of the Clear Card, then layer the Topiary patterned paper on top.
I thought I’d show you the inside of the card so you can see how the Bonding Memories Glue is barely visible – and this is right after putting the cardstock on the Clear Card.
Note: I realized later on that the card needed a ribbon…if you want to add a ribbon & bow, add it now…trust me…it will be a lot easier LOL.
Using Bonding Memories Glue, adhere a piece of patterned paper – this is the reverse side of the same patterned paper on the inside back of the card. Tip: Be aware of where the CTMH Logo is when using the reverse side of the paper…you wouldn’t want the logo showing on the front of your card.
Idea: Since this card is clear…and you can see through it…I want to ensure that the area I write in will stay hidden. To make this happen, put another piece just like the one just added on the inside of the card.
Using a Sponge Daubuer and Moonstruck ink, color one of the brackets from the DE Irresistibles set. Tip: Apply the ink liberally and let sit…then, before using, wipe the surface with a paper towel to make the design pop! In the photo, I’ve cleaned the left side and not the right – you can see how muddled the dots are on the right. Cleaning makes them POP.
Stamp “Smiles” in Goldrush. Stamp the large flower in Goldrush on a scrap of Colonial White cardstock. Cut out. Add a Splendor Designer Bard as desired. Attach with 3D Foam Tape. Add the bracket and bow and voila!
Now…hop on over to Brae’s blog to see what she’s come up with!
A few friendly reminders:
- The Miracle Kit is still available.
- Studio J is now available for YOU to play with! Need help with Studio J – I created a Tutorial: Getting Started with Studio J just in case.
- If you have many items on your wish list…let’s get together with your friends to paper craft & give you an opportunity to EARN FREE products!
- Email me to get your CTMH Summer 2010 Idea Book.